Welcome to my blog about my experiences working in early childhood. I have called it Nurturing Forests because I believe that raising children is not a isolated activity but takes a whole community.



As early childhood professionals, we are actively involved in this process but we also need to work closely with the children, parents, community as a whole and other allied professionals.



I hope you enjoy my site. I also have a facebook site of the same name where I provide links to useful sites for teachers, parents and others interested in the early childhood: www.facebook.com/nurturingforests



Sunday, February 20, 2011

Using local resources: Australian Museum, Sydney

We went to the Australian Museum on Saturday and I highly recommend it for anyone (whether with children or not).

It was amazing and very hands-on. I especially loved the interactive computer in the animal section - and the children around me spent ages enjoying it as well. How can you go wrong with a table that interacts to your touch and has crocodiles and sharks appear from nowhere to attack you!? Interestingly, I saw the exact same sort of table on the Bond movie Quantum of Solace last night

I am aware of centres that regularly take their preschool ages to the museum and the museum has a very strong educational bent these days. Many have early childhood teachers on their staff (isn't that a great career path if you are interested).

I have attached the link to the education services they provide. If you cant make it to the museum I highly recommend checking out the museum in a box link - as they will send things out to you. http://australianmuseum.net.au/education-services

If you haven't been recently put it on your must do list....

No comments:

Post a Comment