Welcome to my blog about my experiences working in early childhood. I have called it Nurturing Forests because I believe that raising children is not a isolated activity but takes a whole community.



As early childhood professionals, we are actively involved in this process but we also need to work closely with the children, parents, community as a whole and other allied professionals.



I hope you enjoy my site. I also have a facebook site of the same name where I provide links to useful sites for teachers, parents and others interested in the early childhood: www.facebook.com/nurturingforests



Tuesday, March 22, 2011

We Play: Making a train

This is part of Childhood 101's we play link up... come over and play http://www.childhood101.com/

The theme for this week is what  - Have you and your child/ren made your own play things lately? What did you make?

Our children (well, most of them and yes, mostly the boys) have been obsessed with trucks, trains and cars of late. We have had an extensive collection of materials out linking to this interest including a wooden train set, a wide range of different types of trucks (plastic and wooden, large and small), garages, and even a very fancy circle ramp thing that you have to set the traffic light to go.

But the most beautiful thing I have observed all week is the use of a simple hoop to create a train and go around the yard. It started off with the two children and then the middle one asked to join and was happily included into play. It was pure joy (and genius) in action!

No comments:

Post a Comment