Welcome to my blog about my experiences working in early childhood. I have called it Nurturing Forests because I believe that raising children is not a isolated activity but takes a whole community.



As early childhood professionals, we are actively involved in this process but we also need to work closely with the children, parents, community as a whole and other allied professionals.



I hope you enjoy my site. I also have a facebook site of the same name where I provide links to useful sites for teachers, parents and others interested in the early childhood: www.facebook.com/nurturingforests



Thursday, March 17, 2011

Books lovely books part 2

I have had a few lovely books arrive recently so I thought I share some with you

For children:

1) Fearless by Colin Thompson

A beautiful book about a dog struggling to live up to the expectations of his name. As I have two dogs with pretentious names - Josephine (a cavoodle) and Napoleon(a west highland terrier) - and who are a lot like this dog I nearly cried with laughter.


2) Never Smile at a Crocodile (incl. Cd)

You know the song.... Beautiful picture book and supplemented by a cd of the song for when the children ask you to read it for the fourth time in a row


Both are through ABC books shop.abc.net.au - I got them on a warehouse sale which often has books really cheap - let me know if you want the link. Amazon don't seem to stock it but you can be put on www.thebookdepository.co.uk wait list and they have free worldwide delivery.

No comments:

Post a Comment