Welcome to my blog about my experiences working in early childhood. I have called it Nurturing Forests because I believe that raising children is not a isolated activity but takes a whole community.



As early childhood professionals, we are actively involved in this process but we also need to work closely with the children, parents, community as a whole and other allied professionals.



I hope you enjoy my site. I also have a facebook site of the same name where I provide links to useful sites for teachers, parents and others interested in the early childhood: www.facebook.com/nurturingforests



Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sources of Inspirations...

How do you ensure you are teaching a 'quality' experiences to the children?

Personally, I aim to doing the following (in no particular order):

  • art (and other discipline) courses - community colleges etc - about to start a introduction to art mediums course
  • blogs
  • professional memberships - ECA, ARACY, NAEYC, CCCC, Social Justice In Early Childhood.
  • conferences - Highly recommend Social Justice in EC's conference in June/July - great minds and great value
  • networking
  • daily reflection
  • team meetings
What do you do to keep yourself motivated and challenged?

No comments:

Post a Comment