Welcome to my blog about my experiences working in early childhood. I have called it Nurturing Forests because I believe that raising children is not a isolated activity but takes a whole community.



As early childhood professionals, we are actively involved in this process but we also need to work closely with the children, parents, community as a whole and other allied professionals.



I hope you enjoy my site. I also have a facebook site of the same name where I provide links to useful sites for teachers, parents and others interested in the early childhood: www.facebook.com/nurturingforests



Saturday, July 9, 2011

Update and Apologies

I just wanted to do a short post apologising for my distinct lack of posting in the last month.

I do have lots to share including:
- Some great information about cultural competence and other social justice issues that were raised at the Social Justice in Early Childhood conference at the start of June
- Lots of brilliant information from the Margey Whalley visit a few weeks ago
- and finally a few lovely things I have been working on with the children.

So hopefully soon I will recover to a basic sense of normal (my current cold is so bad it hurts to move) and will have more time (another ECT is starting at our centre next week) and then you will have something to read :)

No comments:

Post a Comment